Uploading to Vimeo or Youtube

DennyR

I have come to think that Youtube generally has a better quality playback than Vimeo but the compression that you use to upload the footage seems to vary from one product to the next. Sorensen Squeeze-9 is generally regarded as the industry best and it's presets are a little different to most others. At over 500 bucks it needs to do more than it does I think. In an effort to use stanardised footage to test this I recut the Girne clips that were shot with a standard GoPro/Phantom and tried a few different ones. So which came out best? IMHO the solution was right inside Final Cut Pro which offers a quick and easy share-to option that runs in the background.
Of course what you see will depend on your local connection speed and the quality of your screen. These clips were shot at 50fps 1920x1080P but uploading is automatically limited to 720/30 so you should not use 1080 as it will just increase the upload time. If you are in europe (PAL) then maybe (NTSC)30 or 60 fps may not be suitable for your final output but it would be the best choice on the other side of the pond. :tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

I usually encide any video that I edit in FCP7x into ProRes LT, edit and then render out a full 1920x1080 ProRes files then use compressor with the encode for the iPad preset which encodes mp4 to 1280x720 then upload that file. It works great for Vimeo and YouTube.

Here's a sample of my pimping pit another video...

Last edited by a moderator: