Using a Futaba 9CAP/CHP with EZUHF

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Just came across this video while surfing youtube, these radios are pretty common in the RC classifieds although I'm just finding out that they are in demand for FPV'ing so prices have gone up recently. I happen to have a 9CHP I'm going to try this with (maybe :) )

Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

yeehaanow

Isn't it much easier to just plug into the trainer port? Other than have the RF light go on, I don't see the point of this.

Also, maybe it was just a freak thing, but my 9CHP suddenly dropped the voltage going out to the EZUHF and caused a flyaway. Luckily it was a happy ending, but one of the scariest things in my career.
They don't suggest powering the EZ Tx separately, but I highly suggest at least having a 12v plug available to power it should your 9chp suddenly decide to stop sending voltage.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't love relying on plugs, especially where the pins and ports are very small and likely fragile. i've already gutted my 72 mhz module but since i've been fighting off a bad cold i'm getting stuff done in bits and pieces. i'm not sure why this person isn't using the trainer port although his connections seem much more solid. i wasn't aware that the 9CHP could take a 3S lipo for power. gotta check the handbook but it would simplify things if it could all be done on one pack via the connection wiring.

i've also got a brand new T8J here that might be for sale if the 9CHP works well enough.

Jackella

that's what I do with my 9cap and uhf,best plug it into module pins and not trainer plug,also run 3S lipo in tx,no probs,great radios,one of the best ever made.:nevreness: