Mishap after testing Failsafe

Tomas B

Hey Guys

I'm very new to multirotors and I was flying my F550 with Naza Lite & GPS. I had a mishap (my error) panicked when I triggered failsafe. To make a long story short every mode worked fine before the crash
GPS/ATTI/MAN. The crash broke three arms and the GPS antenna mount & cracked top plate. Fast forward picked up replacement parts & put her back together. I recalibrated everything as I did before maiden flight. But now I noticed something not right. No red led blinking and when I attempted calibration Gps Compass no red or amber. So I went thru the steps anyway thinking maybe I had damaged led unit from impact. I decided to try flying it anyway but I Atti Mode first & it was very successful. Fresh battery installed I tried GPS mode and it quickly wanted to flip rightside over to left (red arms forward). Not normal. What can I try first to fix issue? Can I buy GPS COMPASS and LED UNIT separate for the Naza lite? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyGirl

Hey Guys

I'm very new to multirotors and I was flying my F550 with Naza Lite & GPS. I had a mishap (my error) panicked when I triggered failsafe. To make a long story short every mode worked fine before the crash
GPS/ATTI/MAN. The crash broke three arms and the GPS antenna mount & cracked top plate. Fast forward picked up replacement parts & put her back together. I recalibrated everything as I did before maiden flight. But now I noticed something not right. No red led blinking and when I attempted calibration Gps Compass no red or amber. So I went thru the steps anyway thinking maybe I had damaged led unit from impact. I decided to try flying it anyway but I Atti Mode first & it was very successful. Fresh battery installed I tried GPS mode and it quickly wanted to flip rightside over to left (red arms forward). Not normal. What can I try first to fix issue? Can I buy GPS COMPASS and LED UNIT separate for the Naza lite? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Don't know about how to fix your issue but yes, you can buy the GPS unit alone... http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17755&idcategory=877

Hey Guys

GPS/ATTI/MAN. The crash broke three arms and the GPS antenna mount & cracked top plate. Fast forward picked up replacement parts & put her back together. I re calibrated everything as I did before maiden flight. But now I noticed something not right. No red led blinking and when I attempted calibration GPS Compass no red or amber. So I went thru the steps anyway thinking maybe I had damaged led unit from impact. I decided to try flying it anyway but I Atti Mode first & it was very successful. Fresh battery installed I tried GPS mode and it quickly wanted to flip right side over to left (red arms forward). Not normal. What can I try first to fix issue? Can I buy GPS COMPASS and LED UNIT separate for the Naza lite? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you were in Failsafe and it crashed, then I'd suggest that "every mode DID NOT work fine before the crash" unless of course you had it position lock under a tree.
I would start from the beginning.
Check all the the connections and the default settings and recalibrate the compass.
If the assistant gives you good indications with and without the GPS attached then try a low hover.
If if
fails only with the GPS plugged in then I'd suspect it but it should not prevent it from hovering. Only holding position unless it is shorting out. Then you could get a rapid blinking red.

Tomas B

What happened was when I flicked the toggle to trigger failsafe while in GPS MODE I panicked, it
went from hovering at 6ft to quickly 20+ft and I quickly put throttle to zero and noticed no change. Fearing a fly away I toggled it into MANUAL MODE (with throttle still at zero!) and it fell from the sky quickly before I realized it and tried to reactivate motors again but not quick enough.

What happened was when I flicked the toggle to trigger failsafe while in GPS MODE I panicked, it
went from hovering at 6ft to quickly 20+ft and I quickly put throttle to zero and noticed no change. Fearing a fly away I toggled it into MANUAL MODE (with throttle still at zero!) and it fell from the sky quickly before I realized it and tried to reactivate motors again but not quick enough.

When I do my setup on the Assistant, I not only test the toggle but I turn off the Tx to make sure it goes into failsafe.
If everything is working on the assistant, trust the force Luke. Trust the force.
If it's going to fly away, in many cases, there may be little you can do.