Time to design a contest!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I think it should be this, take off from a table or whatever, circle a tree or pole clockwise, land on table. Take off and then circle the tree or pole counter clockwise, land on table, take off, clockwise, land, take off, counter clockwise, etc... The winner is the one that completes the most "laps" around the pole without crashing.

Bart knows why I suggested this, and I'll disqualify myself from the competition to make it fair...;)

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Update:
I met with the Master Executive Multi-Rotor Council and it's been decided based on the extremely valuable and worthwhile input from all of you to do the contest as follows;
you'll have two minutes to fly on and off of a table, the table will have to be at least 32" off the ground, the rest is up to you.
a contest thread will be opened up and submissions will be made to it via video. how you fly the two minutes will be up to you. you can go for style points by flying loops onto and off of the table or go for high lap count and master the ups and downs of touch and go's. you can do it however you'd like but the table will have to have a continuous flat surface (no holes to reduce ground effect!!!), a defined edge all the way around, and can't be modified to make the landings less hazardous.
a winner will be chosen randomly from the top five (ten? we'll see how many entries there are) submissions as voted by you guys after the contest period ends. There will have to be an obvious attempt to get onto and off the table repeatedly.
I should have confirmation of the prize by the end of the day tomorrow so we'll get it going right after that. We'll firm up the guidelines as well at that point.
Thanks for the help with this!!
Bart

Efliernz

Pete
just quickly, it there a minimum distance needed to be defined as a takeoff ?

Tuffen up Mat! It sounds like style may be more important than bouncing your octo-wotever-it-is up and down on the spot for 2 minutes! You have done more flying than me this week but I have indoor and 8 packs for tomorrow night :)

Bartman

sorry to have left that out, the landing spot off-table will have to be at least fifteen (15) feet away from the table.
the goal of all this is to get people flying their heli's outside of their comfort zones and to spur some creativity.
when it comes to voting, everyone will be free to use their own criteria so i wouldn't make any assumptions about what will go over best with the judges (you guys)
have at it!
Bart

Bartman

Jake,
That looks like it would adapt itself great to the multi-rotors but the goal here is to have a really simple challenge that anyone can participate in and add their creativity to in any way they want. I'm hoping to see guys push themselves beyond the hover (don't get me wrong hovering is fun! ;) ) and get creative with the flying and their heli's.
I'm hoping to see some fun stuff posted in response to this!
Start getting ready, the announcement that it's on should come today sometime.
Good luck!
Bart