Tarot t810 + RcTimer NEX Gimbal+ Sony RX100 = this

jhardway

Hey guys,

I have been working on finding a decent solution where I can just quickly plug in my copter and fly. I believe I am getting pretty close to this solution, but the gimbal has been something I have been trying to figure out at an economical price. I bought the RCTimer Gimbal for about $200 including shipping and to be honest I was not expecting much. Other then liking the design I thought I would have to reinvest in at least the electronics and possible motors.

Well the link below is the result of straight out of the box mount and electronics, the only thing I did with the mount was change the rubber cushioning system it came with the DJI Rubber cushioning for the Zenmuse.

Video wise it is not perfect, I am still working on that aspect of it and believe its in the mounting area. I am post processing some of the shakes out but over all, as the Penguins of Madagascar would say "That's a number I can live with ........ and who said penguins can't fly"

The copter running on a 6s 5300mha battery, 3515 400kv tiger motors, 14 apc props, weighs in around 4600gs when loaded up. Its getting around 9 min of safe flight time (between 80 to 85% of the batteries capacity). I am now starting to test it out with two batteries which is giving it 10600mha, and after seeing it fly for about 12 min its calculating in to fly around 15 to 16min of safe flight time.

I am thinking of getting a set of 15 inch props and see what that would for flight times.

Either way, the video is here and I only added the music to pass the time.

Cheers all and fly safe to say, or at lease not over crowds.

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

That looks great! Especially for the price you paid. Just a bit of roll jitter - maybe balance is a bit off? Or maybe the settings need a bit of tweaking? Either way, doesn't really matter because post-stab takes it out nicely!

Seems like one of those Nano-Tech 8000 mAh 6S lipos might be perfect for you. Throw out an update when you get the 15-inch props on.

TB

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Personally I think all the gimbals that are just supported by the motor shaft will always experience that shaking when any kind of motion flight is involved. The vibration dampeners do more harm than good. for solid footage, a gimbal needs to be supported on both sides of the camera, and the pivot points need to be supported by bearings wiht the brushless motors attached. I have had 3 different versions of these type of gimbals for review and they all fail at decent footage.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I disagree.

This is gimbal is singly-supported, and I'm using dampers. Top speed reached 60 km/h.

Last edited by a moderator: