Important:::::hackers are very active lately

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm receiving a lot of replies from members that are being told their accounts have been locked after five unsuccessful log in attempts.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT LOGIN CREDENTIALS. CHECK THE LAST TIME THAT YOU LOGGED IN AND SEE IF IT MATCHES YOUR ACTUAL ACTIVITY.

SOMEONE (IN RUSSIA I BELIEVE) IS TRYING TO ACCESS MEMBER ACCOUNTS. I MAY HAVE TO MAKE IT SO PASSWORDS WILL EXPIRE IN A FEW MONTHS SO THAT EVERYONE CAN RESET THEIR ACCOUNT SECURITY.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bartman

Bartman

I've received more emails regarding unsuccessful login attempts so the hackers are still busy trying to get it.

Please check your last login data to see if it was you or someone else that last accessed your account.

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

apparently there is a common IP address trying to hack into forums sites lately, here's a link to another forum that has users reporting the same thing

http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6319

The IP address that is causing the problems is 188.143.235.118

and this one 188.143.234.14, I'm sure there are many more involved but all are coming from Russia.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Bart,
We have experienced this same RU hits on our site...
We are all good.. no breaches.
This has been going on for about 2 weeks.
Andrew

I've received a couple of notifications. Perhaps we need to have a different username to our Display name? How else are they getting our usernames?

FlyGirl

I've received more emails regarding unsuccessful login attempts so the hackers are still busy trying to get it.

Please check your last login data to see if it was you or someone else that last accessed your account.

Thanks,
Bart

How do you do that Bart? Just by checking the last time you made a post? Or is there a place that shows all your log ons?

Bartman

click on your name in the left column then click "View Profile", it should show last login as well as some info about recent activity.

Bart

Bartman

still a problem, please change your passwords today to help keep the hackers out!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I used to have these scum bags try to hack my forum. I wrote a script that looks for keywords and directories, when they hit them, there ip gets added to my htaccess file and they get a nice screen telling them they are now blocked. I don't see 90% of the idiots anymore. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Bartman

the research I've done on vbulletin says that you can't block IP addresses. are you also using vbulletin?

Bartman

I plan to force a reset of everyone's passwords on Sunday evening, East coast US time. When you login you will be told that your password has expired and needs to be reset. I expect I'll get a lot of emails asking what people's passwords are but we'll get through it in time.

Thanks for your cooperation and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Bart

FlyGirl

whaaaaaa??????? I've gone looking for IP blocking options and the complaint has always been the vbulletin doesn't support that.

Just looked where the post says to look and, sure enough, it's there!! ever feel like you're a jackass??

Thanks FlyGirl!

LOL!! And yeah, I've felt like a jackass a hundred billion times in 63 years... ;) You are quite welcome :)