Ground Control Station question

gtranquilla

RadioActive
When flying in waypoint mode via LK900 from Ground Control station does the S800/WKM always keep the front of the MR pointed directly at the target waypoint? Or will the MR sometimes yaw to one side of the other while approaching the waypoint? I ask this question because I am not able to keep the nose pointed straight ahead when flying via RC GPS...... as a result my GoPro camera on a 2 axis gimbal will often focus to the left or right of the flight line....... very annoying when trying to capture straight forward vidoes on a Hex.

Try rotating the GPS Puck 5 degrees Clockwise and see if the issue gets better or worse. If worse go the opposite direction. Keep making small adjustments until you get it dialed in. This solved the problem for me.

rwilabee

What is the best way to loosen one end of the GPS rod after you epoxy both ends.
Try rotating the GPS Puck 5 degrees Clockwise and see if the issue gets better or worse. If worse go the opposite direction. Keep making small adjustments until you get it dialed in. This solved the problem for me.

srbell

This is exactly what you need to do. Actually, if you don't there's a good chance your unit will crash. Make sure it flies perfectly strait in GPS mode before using GCS. Functions like return home will end up in a huge toilet bowl and crash if you don't. As for heading direction, it will point to the next waypoint. But you can change it in the editor if you like to any heading.