So glad I went to multi rotor!

bensid54

I used to think of myself as an RC helicopter pilot although a bad one but I digress. Since I received my 450 Flamewheel and Naza light I've gone to multi rotors to stay. My reasons are 1. you can have a serious crash and it will come out without a problem whereas RC helicopters require a major rebuild and minimum week wait for parts. 2. you can do so much more with them the sky is the limit with cameras FPV and so on. 3. I can finally make that flying saucer I wanted as a child.

bensid54

Hi Rolly it's a DJI 450 Flamewheel that includes motors, props and ESC's running on two 2200 3c batteries in parallel the control unit is a Naza light with GPS antennae and I use a Futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio system. I bought the quad and control system from Rotorquest in Toronto.

Rolly

I've got a DJI 450 ARF and Naza M V2 with GPS. I received two sets of props, 10" and 8". I read in some forums that the old 10x45 props break easily and new one 10x38 as a replacement is supposed to be better. I do not know what kind of 10" props I received so I used the 8". It flies good with a single 3s 2200 e-flite battery. Thanks for your answer.

Hi bensid54, you mention that you are using a Futaba 7C radio, are you able to utilise both the Return to home and intelligent orientation control with your 7C and if so could you explain how.
Thanks and regards - bruce

bensid54

Hi Bruce I haven't got that part figured out yet but I'm going to try to use my channel six to do that. Going to have to study my Futaba manual to see if there is a way I can do this.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You no longer need a separate channel to activate RTH. The new Naza assistant has a voice recognition page. When you yell that word you programmed into the transmitter it will come home. By default it is set to come home. Only you have to yell out "Huí jiā". Be careful though, if you yell in the wrong tone it will try to fly home to China! This new feature can be deactivated with a hammer or by purchasing a Hoverfly Pro.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Finally! There is the answer to all this hoo-ha about multi-rotors and CAA/FAA intervention and regulation. So simple. Just outright ban sales of multi-rotors to people who don't have the skill to fly a single-rotor. Since 90% of the wee-wee MR crowd are even terrified of their multi-rotor - which by design pretty much flies itself - they certainly won't have the balls to go anywhere near a single-rotor and suddenly the skies will be safe again.

bensid54

Sort of like getting a driving licence. There is no shortage of stupid out there when it comes to risk taking.