Hexacopter provides thermal/visible light recon during HazMat spill exercise

tstrike

pendejo grande
Nice, always love me some RTFC. Great demonstration on the usefulness of these gizmos. How did you switch between cameras?

cbpagent72

Great video showing other important uses for multirotor aircraft. You guys always have some informative videos. I have to ask, what is up with the fishing vests that you guys always wear?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Lucidity

UFO Pilot
Glad you enjoyed the video!

tstrike -- Wow! Honored you recognize and enjoy our videos! You keep watchin' 'em and we'll keep makin' 'em! The camera switch is pretty straight forward -- they're available from over on FoxTechFPV. Unfortunately, they ship directly from China, so you'll have a bit of a wait to get it after you place your order. However, once it arrives, you just hook up as many as three separate cameras to it, then connect it up to a toggle switch on your radio and you're good to go!

cbpagent72 -- Demonstrating practical applications for this technology is one of our primary goals, particularly in the fields of public safety and scientific research. Regarding the vests -- they are actually from tactical manufacturer "BLACKHAWK!" (yes, the exclamation point is actually part of their name), so they are covered with MOLLE fields so that we can attach different pouches, etc. As to why we wear them, not only do they demonstrate a certain sartorial flair and give us someplace to put a huge RFTC patch, but we carry equipment in the pouches. So long as I have my vest, I have a battery checker, binoculars, a laser range finder, anemometer, knife, flashlight and other tools available.