Naza M (+V2) - Strange light flash combo: any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freebird

Hi everyone - I'm new to forum, but before posting I have trawled the web for answers (honestly!) - if someone can point me to an answer, or possible source, I would be very grateful (so would my better half). Hair loss is already well advanced. This is the story: Naza M (on F550) with V2 stuff newly added for H3 2D gimbal. All was well with everything before upgrade, and as far as I can tell (from tentative test flight), everything works after upgrade: gimbal, take-off, Atti - all except GPS mode. The nub of it seems to be that I cannot get into calibration mode for GPS/compass. All the right bits for GPS/ATTI/Manual light up blue on the Assistant (as before upgrade - and yes, I have selected Manual in the new setup). Flicking 7 or 8 through modes, as instructed, what I get from LED is a quick Green-Green, followed by 3 Red, those flashes just repeating - but I can't find the sequence anywhere in the manuals or DJI website. Any ideas anyone? Best to you all.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I would check the travel on your switch to make sure it is going between all three positions, sounds like it is not going all the way. With or without a GPS antenna, it should still go into calibration mode, not that you would want to without a GPS but I am just saying.

The switch needs to travel through all three modes, check in your assistant to make sure this is happening, if it is... well I have no clue why it is not going into calibration mode. The way I do mine and I am sure you are doing the same, I just get that switch and hit it back and forth real fast.

Also, what is your radio setup?

greenflash_zps6e458e82.png

Ignore the arrow, this was for another thread I was involved in. Your green light indicates you are in GPS mode when you finish, the three reds are showing you have poor GPS coverage or <5 Satellites. Also make sure your switch is doing this in the assistant. Manual Mode -> Atti Mode -> Gps Mode in this very order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi everyone - I'm new to forum, but before posting I have trawled the web for answers (honestly!) - if someone can point me to an answer, or possible source, I would be very grateful (so would my better half). Hair loss is already well advanced. This is the story: Naza M (on F550) with V2 stuff newly added for H3 2D gimbal. All was well with everything before upgrade, and as far as I can tell (from tentative test flight), everything works after upgrade: gimbal, take-off, Atti - all except GPS mode. The nub of it seems to be that I cannot get into calibration mode for GPS/compass. All the right bits for GPS/ATTI/Manual light up blue on the Assistant (as before upgrade - and yes, I have selected Manual in the new setup). Flicking 7 or 8 through modes, as instructed, what I get from LED is a quick Green-Green, followed by 3 Red, those flashes just repeating - but I can't find the sequence anywhere in the manuals or DJI website. Any ideas anyone? Best to you all.
Freebird, 2 greens followed by 3 reds is that the flight control mode is in GPS, but the two controls sticks are not centered (normal if your throttle is all the way down as you'd probably have it while on the ground) and you have less than 5 satellites acquired. You can see this is the bottom two blocks of the manual except that Deanot posted (the description for 2 greens, and the description for 3 reds).
Doh! Just noticed Dean had said the same thing. Sorry Dean! :p

Freebird

Dean & ProPilotWannaBe.Thanks for replying, guys. The lights are now explained, at least. Sorry, I should have figured that bit for myself! I think the switch must be doing OK as I have checked it against the assistant, and all goes blue as it should. Also I tried putting it alternately to GPS, Atti and Manual, and I get a change of LED 2 green to 2 yellows, and then to nothing with my 3 reds, which seems to indicate that I am getting mode change OK. I'll double check the travels, to be ....er ..doubly sure! Should I try a default reset on Naza, in case something got corrupted? Thanks again. (Dean: radio is Spektrum DX8 / AR8000 with o problems before adding V2/H3 2D). [How do I get paragraphs/newline in this editor, anybody?]

Dean & ProPilotWannaBe.Thanks for replying, guys. The lights are now explained, at least. Sorry, I should have figured that bit for myself! I think the switch must be doing OK as I have checked it against the assistant, and all goes blue as it should. Also I tried putting it alternately to GPS, Atti and Manual, and I get a change of LED 2 green to 2 yellows, and then to nothing with my 3 reds, which seems to indicate that I am getting mode change OK. I'll double check the travels, to be ....er ..doubly sure! Should I try a default reset on Naza, in case something got corrupted? Thanks again. (Dean: radio is Spektrum DX8 / AR8000 with o problems before adding V2/H3 2D). [How do I get paragraphs/newline in this editor, anybody?]
I don't see the need for default reset on the Naza. I never have. What is the remaining problem you are having? Not being able to calibrate the compass?
As for the paragraph, right above the window where you are typing is an icon with a small A and a big A. Click on that and then you can do your paragraphs.

Freebird

Right. Things move on - fortunately. (And thanks for the direction on forum typing/formatting).

I rechecked servo travel on F-Mode, but just to do something, I changed from 84% either side of centre (on DX8), to 85%, unplugged everything by the book, powered down and then back up. Bingo! I got calibration mode yellow light. All now seems good. It is also possible that I was not flicking the mode switch fast enough in my first attempts, because after my umpteenth journey into the Assistant I was getting a bit mad. So I may have flicked faster in frustration?

Anyhow it's really great that you are out there (this is Scotland, UK, by the way) and so helpful. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.