aeroxcraft brushless gimbal

atpfilms

Wow. Ok, I'm up late as I just spent the better part of 7 hours trying to tune my Martinez board aeroxcraft brushless gimbal. Not exactly out of the box ready I would say. Upon powering it up, the roll axis was quite nice, but the tilt was another story. The instructions say to use a 7.4 v battery, so I started with that; however, the website says anything shipped after july 9th is configured for 11 V. Soooo, I gave the old 11v a try and still had gnarly vibration/oscillation on the tilt. Hours and hours later, after trying every damn setting you can imagine (including the ones that are recommended), I found what worked. I set the I parameter to 0 and the D parameter to 100 in the GUI. Now the gimbal is really smooth. Having another problem however. Plugged the board into my Rx channel 8. Set channel 8 to pitch trim, and Nada. Nothing. I do, however, get a Tx lost signal from my naza when I turn up or down pitch trim beyond a certain point - I'm guessing its what I've set the max angles to be in the gimbal. WTF is going on. Anyone? Beueller?

dazzab

Wow. Ok, I'm up late as I just spent the better part of 7 hours trying to tune my Martinez board aeroxcraft brushless gimbal. Not exactly out of the box ready I would say. Upon powering it up, the roll axis was quite nice, but the tilt was another story. The instructions say to use a 7.4 v battery, so I started with that; however, the website says anything shipped after july 9th is configured for 11 V. Soooo, I gave the old 11v a try and still had gnarly vibration/oscillation on the tilt. Hours and hours later, after trying every damn setting you can imagine (including the ones that are recommended), I found what worked. I set the I parameter to 0 and the D parameter to 100 in the GUI. Now the gimbal is really smooth. Having another problem however. Plugged the board into my Rx channel 8. Set channel 8 to pitch trim, and Nada. Nothing. I do, however, get a Tx lost signal from my naza when I turn up or down pitch trim beyond a certain point - I'm guessing its what I've set the max angles to be in the gimbal. WTF is going on. Anyone? Beueller?

I just set up the same board and yes, it was difficult. In my case I had a backup board and when I put it on things worked fine with the defaults. However, the software is just woeful. Like you I spent a lot of time trying to work out the pitch until I finally realised the pitch and roll pages were reversed. And it didn't seem to be related to how the motors were set. I've just set up a second board for a larger gimbal and it seemed to work fine with most of the defaults. All I had to do was increase the PWM setting to the roll motor.

It seems odd to me that you had to set the I parameter to zero. If it's working great, but I have a feeling that if the defaults are that far off then there may be an issue with the board.