red lights

BearMetal

new build dji f550... after battery connected it goes through self check fine,but does not go to 4 quick yellow lights,to indicate system is warming up....instead goes to 3 flashing red about 5 times.... a long green and a red and another long green then off . seems to work well in all modes , but whats the deal with red lights.......

Freem

new build dji f550... after battery connected it goes through self check fine,but does not go to 4 quick yellow lights,to indicate system is warming up....instead goes to 3 flashing red about 5 times.... a long green and a red and another long green then off . seems to work well in all modes , but whats the deal with red lights.......
The 3 red lights indicate that your copter is searching for Satellite lock. I forget the exact numbers but 3 flashes means it has X amount of Sats locked, 2 flashes means Y amount of Sats locked, and 1 flash means more than Z amount of Sats locked. No lights = 6 or more Sats locked I believe. If it locks on to Sats quickly you will see it flash 3 times then 0 times. The 4 quick green lights I believe means that the Start up Check is complete. You'll see yellow flashing lights in 2 scenariors during start up. 1)IMU is warming up, which I believe is 4 quick yellow flashes or continuous yellow flashes meaning its not receiving a Tx signal. You can always download the Manual for the DJI website to verify this information as well. Hope this helps.

Freem

To be more clear, not seeing the yellow lights is a good thing. The warm up happens so quick sometimes that it doesn't need to flash the yellow.