newbie from Louisiana and my first multicopter experiance

flylo

Hello and first off let me tell you how much I enjoy this forum. I hope to get help from it into my multicopter venture

I did purchase a Lady bug to get some training and a sim for my computer But here's the rest of the story:
After searching several days last week I found what I though was a good starting point into multicopters.
I found a aerosky 550 RTF (I thought) over at Nitroplanes. I ordered it and a charger. The RTF aerosky 550 was to have included a lipo battery and transmitter/reciever.
It arrived yesterday (Me thinking RTF). I opened the box no battery, or transmitter and I assume the reciever was the item taped to the inside cardboard insert with some screws also taped next to it. Since there was not a parts list, or only a one page instruction sheet instructions only on one side I had no idea what else was missing from the RTF order..
I did call Nitro last monday telling them of my concern of not knowing how to set up the transmitter I was told it was already set up I offered to pay more if they would set it up for me. But that was not their policy.
A little background I am a pilot by proffession holding most ratings including a flight instructors. I was wanting to be one of the first people to obtain a commercial multicopter certificate since I do take commercial aerial photos now from the air I have been flying for 40 years as my livelyhood. I also have flown fixwing RC, and now for over a year some nice RC helicopters I just figured it was time to move up to multicopters and hexacopter in particular.
I have not gotten a RMA number sent to me from Nitro it was promised in 24 hours, but hopefully by Monday I will have it. Since they did not do a good job checking the order prior to shipping I will now have to look else where for a RTF multicopter that is RTF if there really is one. I don't have a hobby shop within 2 hours driving, nor do I know anyone flying multicopters.
Guys any idea what I should be looking for in a RTF. I don't like the dji phantom and not sure I want to spend over $900 on my first multicopter until I get the hang of flying it. I made me a budget and some of the cost I am looking at are for the gopro3 gimbal and maybe fpv but I need a good starting poing for a flying platform someone that does not have an electrical background.
Thanks Don

Last edited by a moderator:

flylo

Well I talked to NitroPlanes again yesterday I was assured I would get the RMA number I need to ship my item back before the day was over, but no such email yet!! It has now been well over 32 work hours I was promised before 24 hours was up I would have the RMA number. My copilot that has an office next to mine agress too many parts are missing from the order for a RTF hexacopter. I paided the full price for one RTF, not the price for the ARF which still has more parts that we can find for this order.
Don