naza v2 crashed but why? video of crash

jefflorduk

hi, hope somebody can tell me what went wrong, i have just added to my fleet a hal hexa with naza v2 (3.12) after a good garden hover i took it to the field to test the fpv,gimbal and general characteristics, what i did notice was its more unstable in ground affect than my other quads but was fine at over 2ft, i was testing the gimbal flying left to right at 3 mins into video, can anybody tell from the video or characteristics before the flip what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertsUp

hi, hope somebody can tell me what went wrong, i have just added to my fleet a hal hexa with naza v2 (3.12) after a good garden hover i took it to the field to test the fpv,gimbal and general characteristics, what i did notice was its more unstable in ground affect than my other quads but was fine at over 2ft, i was testing the gimbal flying left to right at 3 mins into video, can anybody tell from the video or characteristics before the flip what happened?

I'm new to flying my first quad but I've spent months studying the problems that craft have. Your craft seems to be unstable while descending through it's own propwash. It began wobbling a tiny bit when it began descending. The propwash becomes more turbulent when the ground is near.

There could be an influence of the "pendulum" effect. That can cause wobbling if something hanging below the center of gravity is too heavy.

I clearly saw the pendulum effect while flying my mQX. It had a half ounce lead weight hanging from the bottom. I wanted to learn to fly the little bugger better in a light wind.

While descending it swung side to side in a distinctive, rhythmic, and unforgettable way. As if it were a pendulum.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashMaster

There is no problem flying in the rain but it will put the risk of electrical failure higher. Here in the UK you sometimes have to fly in the rain because that is all we get....:highly_amused:

As for the way it pitched it looks like your machine either lost power to one motor or just didn't have enough power to right it's self beyond the pre-set 35 degree pitch in GPS Atti mode. Were you in manual mode? In manual mode there is no stabilization at all - It is all down to your fingers doing the work. If you were in Atti mode the controller will not allow more than 45 degree pitch.