Naza & Jeti DS-16 & R8 problem.

yakjock

Hi guys,
I am having a small problem, I am the very happy owner of a Jeti DS-16 having moved on from my DX8 but I am having one mother of a time getting the naza assistant to see the jeti TX. I have set the tx up as a plane using traditional mode I have checked the outputs are reaching the RX on the TX Screen & it all seems to be working. are there any special rules or requirements for the Jeti & naza or am I being that stupid? either is quite possible.
PS if it helps both my wings are set up all ok.

Thanks

Chris.

Weird I am having no issues with my R9-R10-RSAT. Try to calibrate the sticks on the Jeti and then enlarge the throttle range by a few points.

yakjock

I have an R9 I could try I believe that it will do PPM out but to be honest I have no idear how to set that up with either the Jeti or the naza. I have a lot to learn with this new Jeti, but hey we all got to start some where (my f450 is still working from the DX8). When you say calibrate the sticks on the jeti I am unsure of what you mean. They are set up in mode 2 & the travel of the stick in the monitor is 100% for all directions. Sorry if these are stupid noob questions.

yakjock

Ok I have now got the sticks sorted :nevreness: & its talking on the gear channel Aux 1 & Aux 2 but.......... I cannot work out how to set the gear channel up to move the slider to switch between GPS Atti & manual. My gear switch i have assigned to Switch a at the moment which is a 3 pos switch. What is happening at the moment is the gear switch sits just to the right of Atti & not highlighted then i flip it to center & the slider moves to left of GPS & not highlighted then to the rear position it moves to fail safe this is highlighted just to the right of GPS.
Chanel 5 is set up as the gear switch & I'm using 3 position switch A.
No matter how I adjust the settings in the servo setup page I can only get it to highlight either GPS or Atti or Failsafe! & only one of them when I move the switch to either of the other two positions nothing is highlighted If I adjust the travel center/ max pos/ max neg it can not get more than 1 of the 3.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

yakjock

Hey Boris if you could make a short video that would be fantastic! The problem I am having is setting up the gear switch.if it helps you to identify my problems, I set up as a plane did the 4 controls throttle aileron elevator rudder on channels 1 to 4 the gear servo is on 5 using switch SA 3pos & X1 on 5 using the left slider & X2 0n 6 using the right slider.
is there a better switch to use? & i cant seem to get the switch to move in to the correct positions for GPS Atti or manual Also if possible could you please show me how to do a mix to set up the fail safe on a 2 pos switch.

Red if you have any wisdom for me please enlighten me.

Thanks very much

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Chris now i wont make it before tomorrow ! Already in going out mode :) But i am post it tomorrow for you.

What i have an I an walk you through is.

Normal 3 switch for flight mode.

1 x 2 position switch to trigger failsafe thus fake RTH
1 x 2 postion switch to bring throttle to mid position to have altitude hold. Just dont want to play arround with throttle until i have mid position prefer flcking a switch
to have alt hold locked.

3 position switch for IOC

and one of the knobs for tunning gains.

The side sliders i keep free for single operation for the gimbal. I use them to tilt the cam and pan. Works okay but better than having no control !

Boris

In latest firmware menus.

1. Functions Assignment
Here you assign a name to a switch you are going to use. You just enter the select mode and move the desired switch.

2. Servo Assignment
Here you assign the switch you named into a servo number. For ex. Flight mode on servo 5. That means channel 5 of your RX now will be used for Flight modes.

3. Servo Setup
In this menu you can enlarge the range of the servo. Ex Flight Mode. Select the flight mode you have created next to the Servo No. option with the rotary switch.
Change the Max possitive (GPS), Max negative (Manual), and Center subtrim (ATTI) while you are connected to your DJI assistant. Try to make the selections for GPS, ATTI, Manual turn blue by using the 3 position switch of your Jeti you preselected in part 1 and 2. I have 8% on my Center, 68% on my Max possitive, -67% on my Max negative. Max positive and negative limits to 125% and Yes on servo reverse.
The servo delay is for making the selected change not happen instantly but over the amount of time you select. Say Gimbal PAN. I have my PAN on a 3 second delay so when I pan my Zen15 it does so in a smooth controlled way that lasts 3 seconds.

4. Flight modes
Here you can name your three Flight modes so they can be shown on your TX screen.

5. View inputs
In this menu there is an option named "Calib". This can be used to calibrate your sticks and pots.

6. Receiver Output
In here you can check to see what range of signal is being transmitted to your RX.

yakjock

Hi Red thanks for that it has help I have tried your settings & with a little manipulation I can get it to move between Atti & GPS but no matter how i set the throws up I cannot get it in to manual. I have to move the center trim to -194 & max pos to 68 to get it to move between Atti & GPS but no matter where I move the Max neg I cannot get it in to manual it always sits just outside the manual line.

I am sure its something i have set up wrong but im not sure what it is yet.

thanks for the help so far.

Chris.

yakjock

Ok Gents,
I have found a work around for now. That is there is something goofy about the way channel 5 is working I moved it to channel 8 & have set up the switch all ok I can get all 3 modes with no problem. All i have to do now is work out if its this RX that's the problem or if it's the TX channel thats causing the issue.

Now to work out how to mix a 2 pos switch to move to fail safe.

Thanks for all the help.

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

yakjock

To be honest the weather here has not been good for flying since I got the Jeti so I have not had a chance to see how far I can get with it on my disco.