Removal of S800 Arm Anchors from Top Plate

I am trying to replace the top plate on my S800, and I am having a terrible time removing the 6 anchors for the arms. Each of those anchor points has two silver screws with a smaller than usual hex head (from what I can tell). My personal tool kit goes down to 1.5mm and that was too big. I also tried 1/32", and that didn't work. Then I borrowed a bunch of hex wrenches which were unlabled in size, and none of them worked. Then I ordered online a kit that included 1.3mm 1.0mm, and 0.7mm. The 1.3mm in the kit I got is too small.
Any ideas?

ChrisViperM

A couple of weeks ago I did the same.....unfortunately I am not at home to have a look to be sure, but from what I remember the smaller silver screws are TORX screws.....if they look like:

If they look like that:

2Q==
View attachment 11572

than you need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-SCREWDRIVER-SECURITY-TAMPER/dp/B000FIXXBA

Chris

Attachments

• stock-photo-close-up-of-several-small-torx-screws-original-length-ca-mm-on-white-with-slight-ref.jpg
    stock-photo-close-up-of-several-small-torx-screws-original-length-ca-mm-on-white-with-slight-ref.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:

Ah! That would explain my frustration. (Maybe I need glasses so I can see that small. lol)
I think that might explain why the screw part number is "T2X9" instead of the other screws which start with "M". I guess I'll order those now.
Thanks Chris!
Tim

Confirmed! I took my hub in to my job, borrowed a T6, and it worked wonderfully. I guess I'm learning I should post my questions on this forum before I get to a point of frustration. I've been fighting these for 5 days, and on this forum within 5 hours I got the answer that would have saved me the frustration and time. Thanks again!