Forced to upgrade firmware WTH!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I just plugged in my WKM which has firmware 5.20 on it. The software now wont let me make any changes unless I upgrade to 5.22. This is bad news as we should be allowed to choose when we update our firmware. The reason I do not want to upgrade to 5.22 is that the return to home function isnt working (at least it isnt on two other aircraft I have recently built). Any ideas around this or when the next version of firmware will come out with the return to home feature fixed? I must say that I am very uneasy about being forced into firmware updates.

If you installed the newest WKM Assistant it will not let you install earlier versions of firmware. There is a matching version of WKM Assistance for each series of Firmware. While DJI does not make previous versions of Assistant and firmware readily available they can be found with a bit of digging...... or contact your dealer..... that is one of the services that they should be providing.... otherwise what good are they?

I just plugged in my WKM which has firmware 5.20 on it. The software now wont let me make any changes unless I upgrade to 5.22. This is bad news as we should be allowed to choose when we update our firmware. The reason I do not want to upgrade to 5.22 is that the return to home function isnt working (at least it isnt on two other aircraft I have recently built). Any ideas around this or when the next version of firmware will come out with the return to home feature fixed? I must say that I am very uneasy about being forced into firmware updates.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Okay, I thought I had upgraded to 5.2 using the new assistant so that makes sense. Having reloaded the old assistant, I can continue to work on 5.20. Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator: