Help* Differences between the cinestar and tarot 3 axis gimbals ? :S

kemmy

Hi I just wanted to ask something hope you can help me with it. I'm building an octocopter but could't decide what gimbal to use. I don't want to wait for heavy lift brushless gimbals so for now I'm going to go with either the cinestar 3 axis gimbal or the cheaper clone of the cs, the tarot 3 axis gimbal.

Now I'm confused when it comes to gimbal stabilizers. With the cinestart 3 axis gimbal , there is 3 radians used for every movement but when it comes to the tarot gimbal there is only one tarot zyx-gs stabilizer with its gyro module and looks simple but looks like its giving the same result of the cinestar one. Why is cinestar using 3 stabilizers while the tarot clone is using 1 ? I'd be more than grateful if you could enlighten me
smile.gif

Bluerex

Subscribed!
From what I've read, the Radian design is for tracking a single plane (ouch! sorry) of movement per sensor. Other designs like the PicLoc, RSCG, Hoverfly, Tarot and the new wave of brushless controllers (AlexMos etc) have all 3 axis (+ compass???) built into one module. Arguably the Radian design means that each of the sensors can be placed on the gimbal where they will be the most useful for that particular direction/plane of stabilisation.

C

You will get WAY better service going with Cinestar (freefly). Just a consideration if you are just getting into all I this.

kemmy

Thx for the replies :) tahoelight , I suppose you're right about that but this will be my first custom built octocopter that I'm actually building so I really don't want to spend too much for the gimbal , the tarot gimbal (the revised version) looks nice enough for a starter and the price is really ideal. Plus its stabilizer the zyx-gs seems to be working well now. But once I go more professional with things I am considering buying a cinestar gimbal (or maybe the whole kit ). Thx anyway ;)

I have the rc-timer Cinestar clone with the ZYX-gs stabilizer and this works very good ( also bought the tarrot silicon damper system ) I had the same thought not wanting to investigate to much in none brushless systems and I think there will be good conversion kids ( brushless ) soon for the cinestar.
The RCtimer build is very nice and professional ( sorry for Cinestar that made such a good design )

btw the ZYX-gs has a very smooth gimbal control by having an adjustable soft start stop which results in very smooth pans and tilts

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

Tarot roll and pitch "damping" systems looks very interesting, might be a great improvement. Also tarot looks to be built all with alu clamps, and is much cheaper. I'm using cinestar with radians and it's working really really well now, but i have spent a lot of time and money for modifying it to get rid of all flexiness. With stock cinestar gimbal i wouldn't wait too much for it, radians are working flawlessly.

kemmy

Well all my main parts are Tarot. The frame the shock absorber and the gimbal is tarot too which is almost the same with the rctimer or the cinestar itself. İ have the zyx gs . İn two days time ill be starting to build it. Lets see how İ get on ;)

Bluerex

Well all my main parts are Tarot. The frame the shock absorber and the gimbal is tarot too which is almost the same with the rctimer or the cinestar itself. İ have the zyx gs . İn two days time ill be starting to build it. Lets see how İ get on ;)
Pics and progress please :frog:

Charles