Skyjib Heavy Build Sheet -Am I Missing anything?

Evening all. I wanted to put together the list of parts and pieces that I have compiled and researched. I'd appreciate those more experienced builders pointing out any glaring deficiencies in my planning.

1. Droidworx SkyJib Heavy Airframe
2. Droidworx Crash cage SJ-8/X4. High impact high airflow dome
3. Droidworx Retractable Landing gear
4. Power Hungry Systems 325A Cont/400A Max PDB
5. 8 AXI 4120/20 Motors
6. 8 Maytech 85 Amp ESC's
7. 8 15x5 Xoar Beechwood Props
8. PH AV200 w/360 Pan
9. PH Skyline
10. WKM w/900 Mhz data link single waypoint to start
11. Mondo Extreme 5.8 Ghz AV/TX
12. Yellowjacket 5.8 Ghz AV/RX
13. (2) Futaba 8FGS Tx with (2) Futaba 6208SB RX (dual operator)
14. DJI OSD Mark 2
15. (8) MaxAmps 6s 8000mah 150C lipos
16. HiTec X4 Plus AC/DC Charger
17. Multirotor Case from aerialtechnology

Most of this I can get from Aerial Technology and save on shipping from lots of various vendors. A couple of things fleabay actually has some great prices on so I may scoop then up there. any thoughts? I think I've planned to overbuild a little.. but hopefully not so much as to become a hindrance to itself. Ecalc has been interesting to say the least and if I don't follow through with a purchase soon, I'll have to put this project on the back burner for a week or so as to spend some time with the family when I'm home. I've done nothing but read here and rcgroups, play with ecalc, come up with numerous build sheets and this is all I've thought about for a month or more. Anyway, it's late here and I thought I would reach out to the experienced pilots and see where I stand before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

Baja,
I have looked into the Herkules 3 but it seems i cannot find one available for sale. Very impressive specs though. The old saying "you get what you pay for" seems to be in play here.

SMP

Double check that your AXI 4120/20s can take 6S.

We run a VERY similar bird and although I cant remember exactly which 4120 motors we're running I do know they are limited to 5S. Check AXI website to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
they are running them up to 8s with herkules so dont worry, special herkules version though !!!

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

Boris,
Do you know if Andreas has any available Herkules 3? I would need two. Thanks in advance. Would be about $1500USD correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boris,
Do you know if Andreas has any available Herkules 3? I would need two. Thanks in advance. Would be about $1500USD correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oh herkules telemetry coming out for hott and jeti love it http://www.andreasbaier.de/gallery/v/Herkules+III/IMG_0852_klein.JPG.html

check with andreas direkt under andreasbaier.de email contact.

check globeflight main distributor http://www.globe-flight.de

and ask kopterworx, if it not in the shop write them a mail anyways !!!

Boris

power hungry systems is more reliable than Hercules if you have to replace esc you are done for the week I have had this happen to a few of my customers that is why i sell the power hungry system becuase if you have to replace an esc you can just unplug and plug new one back in. check them out at www.uavrotorking.com
a lot of customers love the system and are just amazed by it.
here is a video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJo7QoOYKg