Anyone fly today?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I had a few packs charged up and enough daylight left when we got back from Mothers day festivities at the inlaws to get about 6 flights in between my 350mm quad and the Gaui 330X, a solid 45 minutes of flight time. I've been spending a LOT of time working all orientations and doing (or trying anyway) precision flying around various trees and other obstacles in the yard. I've gotten to the point I can do fairly tight circles while holding altitude and nose-in hover and flight are nearly as good as tail-in though I did manage to shorten a set of rotor blades on the Trex 450 this morning seeing if nose-in ability on a multi translates to a heli.

It does, but the inertia of the blades mean they won't stop with minimal damage like on a multi if you have to set it down quick as I did when a gust of wind took it too close to the metal shed out back while in an eye level nose-in hover. Oh well, they were cheap wooden blades bought specifically with the knowledge this day was coming soon so I'm not at all upset. :D

As an RC heli flying friend used to say, "if you ain't crashing, you ain't learning"...

Ken

Crash

Defies Psychics
Ken, You have really motivated me to break more things. :)

I was taking an easy flight tonight to tune the multiwii and I dumb thumbed the sticks while trying to land on a bush. It was an easy landing and I blame it on bad ju-ju from you. :p

No real damage but a motor would just ratchet around without starting. I swapped ESCs and it seems to be good. I'm not sure what the problem was but I now suspect it was simply a motor power connector that pulled out a little. (Insert dumb @ss smile face)

Buzzed

Seems like it's been raining here in Ohio for a straight month but yesterday afternoon the sun popped out. The batteries were charged so I fired up the Hexa, Damn was I rusty! Didn't break anything but I need to get out there more often.

The batteries are all once again charged and it's Monday morning with the sun a-shining, so guys count me as gone flying, bye.

Kilby

It seems like I can only find calm skies at sunrise right now, so I hit the park just after dawn yesterday and shot a little video. This is all shot via FPV and was really practice for another video I have in mind. I'm hoping to wrap that up sometime in June.

Last edited by a moderator: