Uavproducs.com reliable supplier?

hjls3

i have and it went great. good communication and quick shipping. sorry to hear about your crash.

Thanks for the input. I'll order the arm from Rob. Is he a member of this forum?

About the crash, I took off and although I had green only on the LCD, after about 30 seconds into the flight, the craft was not responding to stick inputs as I would have expected. I was windy but it was as if I was in manual flight instead of GPS. After struggling to control it overhead for a 15 seconds or so, it nose dived into the ground at about a 35 degree angle.

Luckily it came down in the field and did not crash into anything else. Checked my switches on my DX8, its possible I took off with the RTH switch in the RTH position, unintentionally. However, as I mentioned, LED was green only prior to take off.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Rob use to post here, I met him once at NAB last year. He was manning the dji booth, striking figure he was, must be Nordic, he stood 6 or 7 feet tall with shoulders of a viking god and the flowing hair of a man angel...errr...normal guy wearin kahkis, I think he's still one of the main dji dealers in the conus.

This evening I ordered the replacement arm from UAVproducts.com. $4.00 for the part and $9.00 for the shipping.
and had to order my 9x6 Groupner E props from Graupner USA aka http://v-eastonline.com/

I was not happy with the "handling fee" and shipping cost from v-eastonline but no place else had them in stock. In fact, I could not confirm the the v-eastonline site that they actually had them in stock.

Unless I find more damaged parts, total cost of the crash ~$63.00.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I used to run an international repair business back in the 80's and understand your issues quite well.
Your best bet is never to be in a rush and always use US Parcel service.

There are still a lot of companies locked into using one courier service for all their shipments. Look like a good deal to the seller but there is a big surprise at the other end with the buyer trys to collect his parcel. It's called a hidden brokerage fee especially for shipments across the border.
As an example a $25 purchase will incur an additional shipping charge of $10 to $12 but also the receiver has to pay an additional flat rate brokerage fee of $43 (used to be $50).
Since there is only one courier charging the exorbitant additional brokerage fee we often refer to it as the courier's "extortion" fee ;-)......
This also means that I and friends make a determined effort to refuse to purchase from certain US suppliers who will only use that particular courier.
Bill Gates cites this as another example of "friction" in the free enterprise system.

Contact me by private message if you want to know which courier(s) to avoid.

This evening I ordered the replacement arm from UAVproducts.com. $4.00 for the part and $9.00 for the shipping.
and had to order my 9x6 Groupner E props from Graupner USA aka http://v-eastonline.com/

I was not happy with the "handling fee" and shipping cost from v-eastonline but no place else had them in stock. In fact, I could not confirm the the v-eastonline site that they actually had them in stock.

Dewster

I've bought several items from UAVproducts. Quick shipper, and great prices. It's my main source for US based parts.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Ditto.... I strongly recommend UAVProducts as well.... I am very pleased with their service and support.....world class.....

I also received an email from http://v-eastonline.com/ who now agrees to ship by US Parcel Service and not exclusively via UPS courier ;-)
Too bad HobbyKing US Warehouse only ship by UPS....... could do much business with them otherwise......

I've bought several items from UAVproducts. Quick shipper, and great prices. It's my main source for US based parts.

Highfive

Has anyone used or heard of rcrus.com for their parts? They are supposed to be a Dji dealer out of Maryland. Didn't know if they were good.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors

Hopefully you ordered more than one arm to make it worth the shipping cost and to have spares. I usually order them in batches of 8 to 10, but then again I have 4 different quads that use them and I tend to have at least one of them take a rough landing or two every couple of weeks, good thing the arms are cheap. The Graupner props you could have gotten locally, Jeremy usually keeps them in stock and I know of another place even closer to you that usually has them in stock as well.

If it went wobbly then crashed you may want to have a close look at the motor connections, just about every time I've had an unexplained crash or flip of death while in flight it's been due to a bad bullet connector or other problem with a motor like a bearing seizing up. DJI motors are especially prone to breaking the wire at the solder joint and with the shrink wrap in place it's impossible to see until after the crash. Last time out I had an F450 do a flip/crash while in FPV flight, good thing I don't get motion sickness with the goggles on. Fortunately there was enough snow on the ground to minimize the damage but still had to place an order with UAVproducts to restock F450 arms as that used up my last spare. All bullet connectors on those DJI motors have since been cut off and replaced, cause of the crash was pretty obvious as one motor had a wire hanging with no connecctor on it, the bullet was still in the ESC.

Ken

I sent a message to V-east also, suggesting they offer USPS Priority mail. I'm paying ~$20.00 S&H for 3 lightweight propellers!

I only bought from them because they had-em in stock and some others did not. I forgot to try AerialMediaPros.com.

Thanks for the tips Ken. I'll be sure to check the connections, both visually and I'll wiggle them with the motors running on the bench (props removed of course).

The replacement arm arrived today from UAVproducts.com and I should have bought a few, since they're only $4.00 ea. I'm looking forward to the rebuild and recalibration etc. On flights before the crash flight, postion hold was not working well. The craft would revolve around 10-15' diameter orbit path. Upon the initial build, it was rock steady.

I suspect my crash was caused by the GPS and altitude hold ceasing to work (for one reason or another.) Had all green on the LCD before launch. In the windy conditions I was struggling to keep it in one place, and I may have over comped and flew it into the ground. As it angled down into the middle of the soccer field, I was a bit relieved that it was coming down... and not going somewhere beyond my control.

I tried RChover.com for the 9" Graupners but they and UAV product were out of stock. I'm curious about the other place you mentioned (near me) where I could acquire Graupner props. this was my first real crash with a multi slamming into the ground, parts flying off etc, etc.

Thanks again for your help Ken and thanks to everyone else who responded.

Replacement arm arrived today and props are expected tomorrow. I may be flying again this weekend. I've got to replace the arm and while I have the top off I'll be reseating all my controller and transmitter connections. I've also got to pick at and vacuum dirt out of the motors. I'm also going to re-do the calibrations with NAZA software and a compass calibration before my next flight.

BTW, I had initially glued my GPS unit's plastic post into supplied base plate. It was loose after the crash and just possibly before the crash. The glue dried brittle. During the rebuild, I'l use the glue AND a wrap of duct tape to assure the GPS / compass unit stays put.

Last edited by a moderator: