My Shrimp Y6 is rotating on the spot after calibration.

Pinballer

Originally I ran my wookong M and all its associated kit (motors, escs ect) on my DJI 550 Hexa flawlessly however decided I would benefit greatly if I went to a Y6 and the Askman Gimble so I could get a decent camera on my rig other than the annoying GH3B which is ok but just doesn't cut it for me for many reasons! my personal opinion BTW so please don't flame me!

So I finally got my Y6 finished after finally receiving my replacement LED for my WookongM which had died for what seemed no reason at all and the first few flights went well apart from a slight rotation to the right which I cant seem to get rid of.

I have the latest firmware and have re-calibrated with everything onboard including the camera, gimble, FPV gear ect. but with no luck as it still gives me the slight rotation. I have tried simply trimming it out with my radio while it is hovering on the spot but afterwards this causes problems when increasing or decreasing thrust so as I ascend /descend it spins anyway.

Someone said increase the yaw which I presume means upping the basic parameter "YAW" from its set amount of 100 to say 110 would that be right?

any help much appreciated as I really want to get some decent airtime without the hassle of continually adjusting its heading.

many thanks in advance

kind regards Colin

Dewster

How did you mount your motors? You may need to see if your props are level. When I built my Y6, I had to use thin carbon fiber strips to make sure that the motors were not canted to one side or another. That could cause a slight yaw effect.

I have no problems wi my Y6. It won't spin on a dime, but it'll make a tight circle during slow rotations.