Hi all from down under.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Hi Guys and Gals.

Pete here from Canberra, Australia, been flying quad's and hexa's for a bit over a year, thought I would drop by and say hi.

Currently have a 550 hexa, couple of 450 quads, a 330, a micro quad and hexa, and two hybrid nano quads.

The smaller ones I fly for fun, the larger with GoPros, have a Hero2 and Hero3 Black, using a X468 gimbal.

Also flying smaller heli's up to 450 size and fixed wing planes for fun.

Cheers.

Pete

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Hi Guys and Gals.

Pete here from Canberra, Australia, been flying quad's and hexa's for a bit over a year, thought I would drop by and say hi.

Currently have a 550 hexa, couple of 450 quads, a 330, a micro quad and hexa, and two hybrid nano quads.

The smaller ones I fly for fun, the larger with GoPros, have a Hero2 and Hero3 Black, using a X468 gimbal.

Also flying smaller heli's up to 450 size and fixed wing planes for fun.

Cheers.

Pete

Welcome friend!! From The United States, Florida! I'd LOVE to see some of your videos, send us some links. I've always wanted to go to Australia and I have some family down there but haven't made the trip yet. I'd be interested to see your nano quads and see how they're built and how you made them. I've been thinking about building a nano Quad for FPV inside my house or inside buildings which would be amazing. What you got? and welcome!!

STI-REX

Gettin Old
G'Day MAAAAATE

Yet another Heli pilot switching to the dark side of multirotors welcome and enjoy
I am in Qld and have a dji 450 frame with cc3d , A tbs discovery with Naza and go-pro2 , and a full set of immersion and fatshark fpv gear and A QAV 500with Naza and go-pro3 black edition

Still have an unfinished T-rex500e sitting under the bench with dfc head alloy tail etc but ihave lost interest big time since getting into these things

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
G'Day MAAAAATE

Yet another Heli pilot switching to the dark side of multirotors welcome and enjoy
I am in Qld and have a dji 450 frame with cc3d , A tbs discovery with Naza and go-pro2 , and a full set of immersion and fatshark fpv gear and A QAV 500with Naza and go-pro3 black edition

Still have an unfinished T-rex500e sitting under the bench with dfc head alloy tail etc but ihave lost interest big time since getting into these things

I hear that, I also have a 450 T-rex clone collecting dust...I did 2 FPV flights in it and after each flight I was rebuilding it for a week at a time. Once I found these multicopters I was hooked beyond anything else. Look forward to either of your film from Ausie land...it's always amazing there. You guys have such wide open spaces and scenery you must have a blast flying and filming everywhere you go. Everything here is so cramped compared to you guys. :)

Bluerex

Hi Pete,
Some great guys (and gals) here, lots of good info!
I went the other way size wise and am flying a 6.5 kilo droidworx XM :)
Been flight testing in Weetangera just waiting for CASA to sort out the new regs (sanity at last!!) with the occasional excursion to chase rally cars round Kowen forest.
Which side of the lake are you?

Charles

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Welcome friend!! From The United States, Florida! I'd LOVE to see some of your videos, send us some links. I've always wanted to go to Australia and I have some family down there but haven't made the trip yet. I'd be interested to see your nano quads and see how they're built and how you made them. I've been thinking about building a nano Quad for FPV inside my house or inside buildings which would be amazing. What you got? and welcome!!

I just use the nanos with an 11 gram 720P camera at the moment but there are some 1 gram setups with video Tx that look interesting for FPV.

Florida, scary place that, you never know when your house might get swallowed up.

G'Day MAAAAATE

I am trying to chase off the wobbles from my hexa at the moment but still flying heli's, just love flying.

I hear that, I also have a 450 T-rex clone collecting dust...I did 2 FPV flights in it and after each flight I was rebuilding it for a week at a time. Once I found these multicopters I was hooked beyond anything else. Look forward to either of your film from Ausie land...it's always amazing there. You guys have such wide open spaces and scenery you must have a blast flying and filming everywhere you go. Everything here is so cramped compared to you guys. :)

Still crowded in the big cities but lots of very nice places to fly.

Hi Pete,
Some great guys (and gals) here, lots of good info!
I went the other way size wise and am flying a 6.5 kilo droidworx XM :)
Been flight testing in Weetangera just waiting for CASA to sort out the new regs (sanity at last!!) with the occasional excursion to chase rally cars round Kowen forest.
Which side of the lake are you?

Charles

Hi Charles,

North side but other side of Belco from you, I can hear the planes at the Belconnen Club but fly with the heli guys at the Namadgi Sport Flyers at Williamsdale.

Do you fly indoors, should be 20-30 flyers at Tuggers this Saturday evening.

My hexa with gimbal and GoPro3 is just under 2Kg so the new regs will it suit I hope.

S'up Pete? Wondered how long it would take you to migrate over here. Welcome!

Hi Tom, not sure how long I will stay, still trying to get this forum working on Tapatalk for connection on the go, most annoying.

Hi From the NSW/Vic border, Albury.

Hey Nic, Just sent #1 son to Albury last Monday, he was catching up with a mate and heading to Melbourne for the Grand Prix.

Cheers all.

Pete