Mikrokopter Anybody notice the new MK3638 motors?

I was on the .de site and noticed the new MK 3638 motors.
https://www.mikrocontroller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=615

The MK3538's are a thing of the past, and the only difference noted is that the newer motors use larger bearings.

They don't look larger to me, but I'm sure they must be. Maybe they create less vibration? The windings look tighter (click through my link above to the wiki.)

I wonder if Pulso is still making them for MK, or if it is someone else. I had heard that Pulso had been having some problems with their bearings. No problems on my 6 pulso motor bearings . . . yet. In fact, they sound and feel great! I wish I had about 10 more of them. Or maybe 18.:D

Yes - the price is hard to take! I am trying to buy some more GOOD motors. I have six of the Pulso 2217/20's, which I understand are MK3538 equivalents. But they are out of stock everywhere. Since they were roughly half the price of their MK counterparts, I figure it will be worth waiting for their return.

jes1111

Really? I thought MK3538 equivalents were the 2814/22 pulso ones (some even say they are 2814/20..)
I'm also in the search of good motors (only tried cheap ones, I'm a bit fed up with that :))
Have a look here: http://www.funrctoys.com/eShopWeb/product-5807-MOTEUR_BRUSHLESS_2217-16
They seem to have those you're searching.
What do you think about them?
Thanx & cheers,
Morthshuman

The MK3538 motors are definitely Pulso 2814/22 (with short shaft and long leads).

If MK are being consistent with the naming convention, the new 3638 should be 36mm diameter but on the wiki they say they are the same except for larger bearings (and also say the reasoning is to make them "quieter", which should mean less vibration). So I guess they are the same overall size and they just changed the number slightly to indicate a new version.

The Pulso's you linked to at funrctoys are different (too high kV).

Pulso are a low volume manufacturer and a number of hybrid versions of their engines are appearing with various retailers. Axi and several other manufacturers have also made some multirotor versions of their motors around this size. It seems the MR world is starting to generate enough volume for them to cater directly to our requirements.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
As posted in another thread but it applies here.....from Jim at Monto RC

The Pulso X-Series has been re-named Cobra for US distribution. The US distributor has not yet decided to offer 2814/22. The closest motor that will be readily available will be 2814/20. Cobra motors are now posted on MontoRC. The distributor is shipping them to us as they arrive in country. More are coming each week. Most should be available by end of May.

The closest direct replacement for Pulso 2814/22 770kv is our Avroto M2814-11 770kv. This motor was specifcly designed for the rigors of multirotor use. We recently ran out of stock, but hundreds more are in production now. Avroto should be available in 10-15 days.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
For the $100 US they want for the big MK motors I'd still go with AXI if I had that kind of $ to spend, just a better quality product and about the same cost. If I was looking to save some $ I'd go with the Avroto.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Ken,
Would you fly a camera that costs thousands of dollars with the Avroto motors?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken,
Would you fly a camera that costs thousands of dollars with the Avroto motors?

I wouldn't fly a camera that costs thousands of dollars with ANY motors! The saying goes, "don't fly with any camera you aren't willing to lose". Since I'm a cheap SOB when it comes to things like that the most expensive camera I hang under any of my multis cost less than $400. ;)

That said I would trust the Avroto as much as the Pulso I'm currently using and either one a lot more than any motor that comes from Hobby King.

Ken

jes1111

The 2826/12 is a big, beefy unit - you must have a very heavy heavy-lifter ;) - what prop-size are you using? I like the numbers on that motor but six of them (for a Y6) is h-e-a-v-y!