Hexa build

Macsgrafs

Nicely done Gary...by the way is that David Hog, it was his front mounted idea I used on my heli ;)
Your video over the rape seed was the one I followed from viemeo to find this forum, thanks mate & 1 last thing...are you related to John Mortimer???
What camera did you have for the stills??

Regards
Ross

Hi Ross thanks.

Yep thats David Hogg, he lives a couple of miles away from me. He has made a stunning tiny tri that fits into the smallest of cases. Its what he is using for his shoots now. I can't remember the Canon point and shoot he uses. Here is his machine.

tricopter_system_12-4-11_3.jpg

He flys UAS for a day job now as well for a defence contractor!

Macsgrafs

Mr.Hogg is on a roll, nice compact cam ship & tilt mounted cam, very neat. I started in this game about the same time as David, lost contact because I forgot what forum he was on, like myself...so many others :)
But you never answered me with regards to John Mortimer? I used to fly with John, so wondered if he was a relative ;)

Ross

No sorry, no John Mortimers in our side even though I actually hail from not far down the road from you near Ilminster. Davids builds are always stunning. Served at Chivenor in the mid 80s when the proper service was there. Hog on a roll, thats some sort of snack is it not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

I must agree, David builds some wicked machines, very creative may I add. I know Ilminster well, pass there every time I go to Yeovilton to watch arrivals day before the main airshow, here's a vid if you have a few mins spare...the mrs filmed this as I do the stills:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZ5Vqk02fM

Ross

Macsgrafs

tell Kirsty she makes great vids. love the F-4 Phantom!

Thanks Bart, she is very good with the video cam, she'll not be able to get in the door if I tell her some one else likes her filming ;)
Would you believe thats the only decent F4 footage I have!!!! Shame it went out of service as she was one of my favourites...now we are losing the tornados, harrier has gone...whats next I wonder :(

Ross

CopterCam

Hi Ross thanks.

Yep thats David Hogg, he lives a couple of miles away from me. He has made a stunning tiny tri that fits into the smallest of cases. Its what he is using for his shoots now. I can't remember the Canon point and shoot he uses. Here is his machine.

tricopter_system_12-4-11_3.jpg

He flys UAS for a day job now as well for a defence contractor!

Yes, .......... David has raised the bar when it comes to design, builds and image capture. If I recall correctly he uses a Canon S90 or S95. I am a long time devotee to Panasonic but this particular camera from Canon ticks many of the boxes and I am tempted by the S95.

Sid

Macsgrafs

I know that lane down the back of Yeovilton!!!

Thats the one, will be there again on July 8th, along with hundreds of other aviation photographers, always a good day in the field, apart from sheeps crap everywhere ;)

Yes, .......... David has raised the bar when it comes to design, builds and image capture. If I recall correctly he uses a Canon S90 or S95. I am a long time devotee to Panasonic but this particular camera from Canon ticks many of the boxes and I am tempted by the S95.

Sid

I thought he had a 5D? I might be wrong though. I use a 40D for photos & a panasonic 3ccd for video, or should I say I did until my gopro HD came along ;)

CopterCam

Ross,

I was referring to his camera on his Tricopter platform. I recall he was using a 550D on the Logo 600 mishap, which amazing survived relatively unscathed.

Sid

Macsgrafs

oh!!! I didnt know his logo had bought the farm, glad his camera made it out ok though! So what's he flying these days now the logo is dead?

Ross