Ground Station: VPN Mode

hover.ch

Can anyone tell me what DJI refers to when talkling about VPN Mode. For me, VPN stands for virtual private network -- no idea how this term is related to online/offline usage of GS depending on whether you have internet access (online) or no internet access (offline).

VPN according to Wikipedia: A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network and the resources contained in the network across public networks like the Internet.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I seem to recall VPN mentioned but can't find it now......
Seems that the "find" function in Acrobat reader does not work with the DJI GCS manual.....
or did you read VPN somewhere else?

Can anyone tell me what DJI refers to when talkling about VPN Mode. For me, VPN stands for virtual private network -- no idea how this term is related to online/offline usage of GS depending on whether you have internet access (online) or no internet access (offline).

VPN according to Wikipedia: A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network and the resources contained in the network across public networks like the Internet.

hover.ch

Seems that the "find" function in Acrobat reader does not work with the DJI GCS manual.....

You're right. Find doesn't work properly because they/DJI use a strange PDF-Writer, which doesn't produce well-behaving PDF documents when it comes to search.

VPN-mode is mentioned in Options (last tab). It also appears as a label or push button (it's always hard to tell what the GS widgets exactly are, buttons or just displays/labels) in the GS splash screen. It has to to with Internet accessibility, I assume. If you switch it on (in options) and you restart GS, a red-bordered message appears telling you something about VPN mode which is enabled. Unfortunately another statement I don't understand.

hover.ch

Thanks lot Chris, I will have a look.

PS: This "owner thread" (with over 1000 pages of posts!) in another odd idea of how to talk to WKM owners. Why don't they request a separate (sub-)forum? Why putting everything is one thread ... ? ...

ChrisViperM

Thanks lot Chris, I will have a look.

PS: This "owner thread" (with over 1000 pages of posts!) in another odd idea of how to talk to WKM owners. Why don't they request a separate (sub-)forum? Why putting everything is one thread ... ? ...

hahahah...how true. I still couldn't manage to weed through that mass of pages....I guess it once started and got a life of it's own.

Chris