Hoverfly Winter Flying

I guess either I'm crazy or stupid, but I figured you don't know until you try...

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;"><a data-cke-saved-href="http://vimeo.com/60392077" href="http://vimeo.com/60392077">

Something strange happened at 2:14, I don't think it was wind, but I narrowly made it through the gap in the trees
eek.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks fun! What rig are you flying here?

Forgot the specs:

I'm using HFP Black, Avroto 2814's, Graupner 11x5's, 2x 5000maH 4s (10,000maH), carbon arms, 800mm MTM diameter, and AUW with GH2 and 14-42 stock lens and Gaui Crane III gimbal of about 4000g. Main gain and attitude gains at around 30 on my JR x9303.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I'm using HFP Black, Avroto 2814's, Graupner 11x5's, 2x 5000maH 4s (10,000maH), carbon arms, 800mm MTM diameter, I don't know if I missed it or not, but are you flying a Hex, Octo, x8 or something else?

I'm currently buildling a similar rig. X8 with same motors, HFP, carbon arms, batteries, etc. I ordered longer arms for testing different motor to motor distances.

Your flying looks good. Do you have any opinion about what your rig would fly like with longer or shorter arms?

I have gh2, gh3, and 5d mark II. I'm holding off on the gimble decision for a bit, waiting to see what develops with the new brushless motor and Alexmos setups.

I'm using HFP Black, Avroto 2814's, Graupner 11x5's, 2x 5000maH 4s (10,000maH), carbon arms, 800mm MTM diameter, I don't know if I missed it or not, but are you flying a Hex, Octo, x8 or something else?

I'm currently buildling a similar rig. X8 with same motors, HFP, carbon arms, batteries, etc. I ordered longer arms for testing different motor to motor distances.

Your flying looks good. Do you have any opinion about what your rig would fly like with longer or shorter arms?

I have gh2, gh3, and 5d mark II. I'm holding off on the gimble decision for a bit, waiting to see what develops with the new brushless motor and Alexmos setups.

Sorry, Y6. I had the arms shorter a little while ago. It's hard to say since I changed a few other things, but the best take away is have it the longer arms seem to slow up the reaction on the craft a little, which is better for video, but i don't know yet if I like that for wind control. I guess the jury is still out.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Thanks. I think your probably spot on with the longer arms being slower and better for video and shorter being quicker and maybe better in the wind. Mine will be a bit wierd looking with teh arms going out past the motors, but I figured it would be fun trying the different lengths. I'm looking at the 740-850 range, but am going to start even a little wider.